Trichs 2019 Outdoor | Watermelon and Congo

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Trichs, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Wow apparently my picture keeping and organizing skills really suck. I can only find a few!

Well this is a shitty journal but might as well post a few. I did not germinate these until late, mid June I believe. Strains are Watermelon and Congo from a licensed provider.

Gear:
    - Phlizon 1200W LED (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07527N1F7/)
    Seems well built, super bright, good heatsinks. Does not put out much heat keeps the room 5 degrees or so over ambient.

That's about it besides some plywood, 2x3s, hinges, matte white paint, roller, brush, screws, 2 x 2 inch 90 Deg elbows for passive vent and light trap.

Soil: https://www.promixgardening.com/en/product/detail/promix-premium-organic-vegetable-herb-mix
    I have used this for a couple of years now and it works really well. It comes with some organic nutes that are time release but it is not strong. I plant sprouted seeds direct in it and never have any problems. I start feeding nutes after the fourth set of real leaves at half strength until they are a month old. After that full strength, have never had any deficiency issues.

Nutes: Canna Terra Vega and Canna Terra Flower. Every second watering until 2 weeks into flower, then every watering. Seaweed spray as a supplement once a week until 3rd week of flower.

Containers: Food safe 5 gallon buckets from crappy tire. They are white so I spray paint the outside gloss black to prevent light getting into the roots.

watermelon_babies.jpg

Now I have nothing until beginning September:

in the congo.jpg

After moving them inside mid sept because the weather went to hell in a handbag:

the view.jpg

Congo on the right, and one of just the congo:

congoooo.jpg

They were too big for inside so I had to make a quick room for them. I had already started building a growroom inside a container but had no time to finish it. So I framed in a quick room, slapped on 3-4 layer out exterior matte white and ordered a cheap LED light (will put link at bottom).

Few pics of the room:

room1.jpg

door.jpg

My passive intake and outake and light traps :D

20190924_133427.jpg

The room is 8 x 3.5 x 7 (L x W X H) and pretty crowded, the Congo was 6 foot tall when I put her in there so I had to tie it over pretty hard.

Congo (LED)

20191003_190612.jpg

Watermelon (LED)

20191003_190537.jpg

Congoooo

20191003_190459.jpg

Watermelon

20191003_190440.jpg

The room (tight quarters can't see the colas of the congo)

20191003_190420.jpg

Few more weeks until harvest!

#1 Trichs, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Cor likes this.
  2. Cor

Cor Germinating
    Let Me Out

Following!

3. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Doesn't want to let me add more pics will try tomorrow...

4. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

For some reason now I can add, maybe Bud fixed..

5. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Added some pics of them from tonight @lightson!

Cor likes this.
  6. Dradden

Dradden Germinating
    Let Me Out

Watermelon is a killer strain, near impossible to find. Watching this!

Trichs likes this.
  7. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Girls are looking good, few pics tonight. Humidity in the room is consistently too high but nothing I can do about it. I defoliated them which has dropped humidity 10% or so. No mould, thought I saw some WPM starting so removed those leaves right away.

*Fingers crossed*

Cor likes this.
  8. Cor

Cor Germinating
    Let Me Out

Waiting for the pictures.

If I may ask, why can't you do anything about RH? I'm curious.

9. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

I have no electrical out to that container yet and nearest plugin is like 75ft away. So only thing I want to run that way is the light, one of the reason I grabbed a LED. Next year I will have a panel and outlets in that space, AC, dehumidifier, burner, the works!

I caught some bud rot on the congo very early 48 hours ago, as well as a little powdery mildew, chopped the piece with rot and a little above and below same with mildew. No signs of it returning yet, though with RH as it is only a matter of time. Next sign of bud rot they all get the axe.

Snapped a few pics :D 20191009_185742.jpg 20191011_190523.jpg 20191011_190541.jpg

Last one is the congo, it is a bit of a weird looking strain.

Cor likes this.
  10. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Girls looking pretty good, few pics tonight at lights on. No return of rot or mildew yet, they just might make it to the finish line! *knocks on wood*

11. Cor

Cor Germinating
    Let Me Out

Budrot. What a nightmare - had to chop my crop down early, I was just losing too much!

Keep it going!

12. Trichs

Trichs Germinating
    Let Me Out

Yeah it is terrible. Up here where I am it is inevitable outdoors, only one strain I have seen that can go rot free up here and that is Early Biddy.